Panic Transport are looking for an experienced Workshop Manager to join their team. You will be responsible for the management of the day to day running of the Workshop, you will ensure all vehicles, equipment and assets are serviced and maintained in a safe, cost effective and efficient manner.
Panic Transport are a Rugby based haulage company, providing road haulage, distribution and warehousing to businesses across the UK, Ireland and Europe
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Manage and support a small team of mechanics
- Work closely with the Transport Department to ensure the efficient scheduling of inspections, MOTs and repairs of around 90 LGV’s and trailers.
- Lead, train, develop, and motivate all other members of your workshop team to ensure they reach their full potential and subsequently contribute to the overall performance of the business
- Work closely with the Compliance Department on implementing and maintaining all workplace health and safety standards to ensure compliance with any regulatory body regulations and standards, including the maintenance of equipment, tools and the workplace;
- Lead on the full utilisation of the Stirling Workshop Module to maintain accurate stock levels, maintenance and service records ensuring cost effectiveness and quality
Key Skills required:
- Should be able to demonstrate a good knowledge of LGV mechanical servicing and repairs, a mechanical qualification is essential.
- Have the ability to prioritise workload and work in a systematic and organised manner to ensure that repairs are completed within target times
- Continued up to date knowledge of vehicle maintenance rules and regulations
- Continued up to date knowledge of latest techniques, diagnostic equipment, technology and vehicle models
- Full Class 1 licence, CPC and Digi Card
The following would be considered useful:
- Knowledge of VOSA / DVSA legislation
- Experience of managing a workshop facility
- Knowledge of Scania vehicles
- Loyalty Awards (Recognises employees with 5, 10, 20, 30 and 40 years’ service).
- Employee Benefits Platform (Includes a Cycle to work scheme and access to a range of offers and discounts).
- Life Assurance
- Employee and customer referral schemes
- Onsite parking
To Apply, please click here to fill out the application form.
Should you have any queries, contact the recruitment team directly on [email protected] or call 01625 728027.