We are seeking a commercially minded experienced Management Accountant to join our Midlands team. The successful candidate ideally will have at least three years’ experience working as a Management Accountant within a fast-paced business. The role is based at our depot in Rugby, but it is a role and there will be some travel between our sites in the Midlands Region.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Develop, prepare and produce management accounts, weekly transport/warehouse reports, weekly forecast reports, fixed asset reports which are accurate and fit for purpose;
- Report on the financial accounts and interpret those accounts to highlight improvement recommendations of concern on any highlighted trends to assist the Managing Director, Finance Manager and Finance Director in developing the business and to advise management teams to enable them to make informed strategic and operational decisions;
- Continually review, and implement improved financial control procedures, systems and processes within the Accounts Department to ensure an effective and efficient service is being delivered;
- Assist with formulating budgets and forecasts to meet both business and group financial and strategic targets;
- Assist in the annual statutory audit to certify that all processes, procedures and legislative requirements are being adhered to;
- Lead on the completion of all year-end procedures in accordance with legislative requirements and group processes; Produce statutory financial return’s (VAT, PAYE, National statistics Office etc.) which are accurate and within agreed timescales.
Essential Key Skills:
- Full or part qualified accountant ideally with a logistics sector background.
- Strong IT skills including MS Excel, ideally with experience in Sage 200.
- Experienced in meeting tight reporting deadlines, producing accurate reports with excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to analyse a wealth of data to interpret key information and then able to communicate key messages to support management teams.
- Ability to work under own initiative and as part of a team.
In return you will be offered:
- A competitive salary package
- Loyalty awards (recognises employees with 5, 10, 20, 30- and 40-years’ service)
- Employee Benefits Platform (includes a cycle to work scheme and access to a range of offers and discounts)
- Life assurance
- Employee and customer referral schemes.
Should you have any queries, contact the recruitment team directly on [email protected] or call 01625 728027.