Panic Transport are looking for a new HGV Mechanic to join their team.
As one of our small team of HGV mechanics your main responsibility will be to carry out maintenance and repairs on our mixed fleet of HGVs, trailers and on our fork lift trucks. Along with general repairs you will also carry out safety inspections, MOT preparation and presentation, and recovery work.
Our maintenance workshop is operational between Monday and Friday, and you will be expected to work a rotating shift pattern between the hours of 6.00 a.m. and 10.00 p.m. Competitive rates of pay are offered.
We are looking for a qualified mechanic (C&G or NVQ or similar) and must hold HGV Class 1 licence, digi and CPC.
Key responsibilities HGV Mechanic:
- Undertaking all service inspections/maintenance work as required in order that the vehicles are compliant with all Ministry of Transport regulations and in compliance with our ‘O’ Licence obligations.
- Ensuring that all relevant paperwork is completed accurately and in a timely manner, to enable accurate and ‘up-to-date’ computer records are available always, with special regard to defects and servicing.
- Work in a safe manner and in compliance with Health and Safety regulations.
Key Skills & Experience of a HGV Mechanic:
- Previous experience in a workshop
- Able to listen and take instruction
- Use your own initiative
- High standard of work
- Great understanding of Health and Safety Requirements
- Able to work within a small team
- Trustworthy and reliable
We offer all of our employee’s fantastic company benefits, including:
- Loyalty Awards (Recognises employee with 5, 10, 20, 30 and 40 years’ service).
- Employee Benefits Platform (Includes a Cycle to work scheme, access to a range of offers and discounts).
- Life Assurance
- Employee and customer referral schemes
To apply, please click here to fill out the application form.
Should you have any queries, contact the recruitment team directly on [email protected] or call 01625 728027.