Panic Transport are looking to employ a General Manager to provide leadership and strategic direction for the profitable development and growth of the business.Reporting to the Regional Managing Director, the General Manager will be responsible for the site operational management, financial control and compliance, leading the team to drive for continuous improvements.The General Manager will work with other group companies to ensure maximum benefit for the Kinaxia Group.
Role & Responsibilities:
- You will be responsible for around 130 employees within the Transport, Warehouse and Workshop functions with the responsibility to lead, develop and motivate staff to create a workforce with the relevant skill set, where potential is being developed, staff are engaged, effective succession plans are in place and employees are contributing to the overall performance of the business.
- Implement robust operational processes to drive commercial compliance and efficiency. Understand the cost implications of changes and ensure good cost management and control.
- Proactively build and sustain multiple customer relationships ensuring high customer service levels and achievement of KPIs.
- Consistently apply Quality, Health, Safety and Environmental procedures to agreed standards.
- Support the Regional Managing Director with the development and management of investments and assets to support the growth of the business and promote the professional image of both the Company and the Kinaxia Group.
- Communicate and implement Company and Kinaxia Group policies and regulatory guidelines throughout the business as cascaded by Kinaxia to safeguard Company compliance and ensure a consistent approach is being delivered across the Group.
- A proven track record as a senior manager working within the logistics industry with knowledge of end to end logistics process and internal / group trunking and hub operations.
- Able to demonstrate strong management and communication skills, having the ability to influence and persuade from the front.
- Have a passion for service and a strong customer focus with the ability and confidence to build relationships with internal and external stakeholders at all levels.
- Experience of setting and managing operational budgets
- An International CPC qualification would be advantageous (although not essential)
- This is a transport bias role with exposure to warehousing and cross dock operations.
Competitive salary package, Company car or Car Allowance included.
We offer all of our employee’s fantastic company benefits, including:
- Loyalty Awards (Recognises employees with 5, 10, 20, 30 and 40 years’ service).
- Employee Benefits Platform (Includes a Cycle to work scheme and access to a range of offers and discounts).
- Life Assurance
- Employee and customer referral schemes
Please send your CV to Simone at [email protected]