Panic Transport are looking for a new Driver Trainer
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Driver Trainer. The role is responsible for inducting Drivers into the business as well as completing on going driving assessments for around 90 Drivers and Agency staff to help improve driver standards and vehicle usage. There are approximately 90 vehicles providing, collection and delivery services. The daily duties of this position will be compliance-focused and we aim to develop the role moving forwards to include aspects of health and safety and CPC Driver training.
Roles & Responsibilities of a Driver Trainer
- Review and implement training requirements, operational staff and drivers
- Analysis of all vehicle accidents and incidents, identify root causes and drive corrective actions to minimise repeat failures.
- Compile monthly KPI’s and reports
- Support the company with insurance claims where needed.
- Ensure the site operates within the conditions of the O’Licence,
- Keep up to date with all driving legislation, including drivers’ hours rules, tachographs
- Train and induct all new driving employees on Health & Safety and on their role
- Manage the Driver Infringement process on site
- Use the company health and safety portal to report all accidents, incidents both vehicle and personal.
- Driving duties as and when required
Key Skills required for the Driver Trainer
- Comprehensive understanding of transport legislation and associated health and safety legislation
- Practical approach with good management skills
- Ideally have an understanding of FORS requirements
- Willing to undertake further training as and when needed
- Hold a full Class 1 Licence. (Instructors Licence would be advantageous)
*this is not an exhaustive list, for the full job description please ask*
- Loyalty Awards (Recognises employees with 5, 10, 20, 30 and 40 years’ service).
- Employee Benefits Platform (Includes a Cycle to work scheme and access to a range of offers and discounts).
- Life Assurance
- Employee and customer referral schemes
- On site parking
To apply, please click here to fill out the application form.
For more information on this role please contact Panic Transport direct on 01788 861200 or you can email [email protected]